Sunday, November 25, 2007

Art of Dosa Making

ANTARCTICA.22.11.2007:

There is a joke in Matri station that the only thing that is not available in its kitchen is perhaps penguin's milk. I maintain that if anyone has any complaints reg food here, then perhaps that person's must be his mom's nightmare in his food habits. The variety and quantity is unimaginable. What the camp lacks in facilities and conveniences of other nations' stations, it compensates in its kitchen.

This morning we had dosa, chutney and sambhar. And none from the ready-mix packets. There is a good-sized grinding machine to make the batter. After having satisfied my satiety centres, I tried my hand at dosa making. I had done earlier pooris, and had kind of obtained the cook's approval. I not only did the baking part but also did the pouring and spreading part too. And what shape it came out to be from the first dosa itself! I am not being narcissistic here, you can see the photos when I come back - taken spontaneously by other people.

No comments:

REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY Recently on my visit to Chawri Bazaar in old and real Delhi, where my ancestors settled, lived and thrived ever si...